Van Norman Dividing Head

Reeltor

Active User
Registered
I recently picked up a VN dividing head (couldn't upload a photo). I was able to locate the Table of leads and index table for plates but can't find a instructions/maintenance manual. Does anyone know where I can locate or download one? The only problem that I have with the unit is the spring plunger on the crank. There appears to be a burr or something keeping the pin from engaging the plate. I'd like to take the plunger apart for repair but cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

I recently picked up a VN dividing head (couldn't upload a photo). I was able to locate the Table of leads and index table for plates but can't find a instructions/maintenance manual. Does anyone know where I can locate or download one? The only problem that I have with the unit is the spring plunger on the crank. There appears to be a burr or something keeping the pin from engaging the plate. I'd like to take the plunger apart for repair but cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
mike where can i find some documentation?

I am in the process of purchasing parts for one. Do you have any documentation to share?

Bill,
The only documentation that I was able to find is the Table of Leads.
What VN dividing head do you have and what parts are you trying to buy?

Bill,
It does look like the mechanism to attach and turn the dividing plates are missing from your head. I don't know if you will find a replacement, other than buying another complete head. I am attaching the Van Norman Accessories Catalog so you can see what the complete head looks like.
Good Luck with your search.

Attachments

• VAN NORMAN ACESSORIES CATALOGE _pubs_2109_3376.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 23
Thanks for the file. I am hoping to get it operational with shop made parts. Originals would be great but hand made can make it work.
bill

Bill,
It does look like the mechanism to attach and turn the dividing plates are missing from your head. I don't know if you will find a replacement, other than buying another complete head. I am attaching the Van Norman Accessories Catalog so you can see what the complete head looks like.
Good Luck with your search.

Can you tel me the diameter of the gear that I am missing? any thing else you can tell me would be appreciated. I have th unit now.

Back