Vee block and a file handle

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
It's a cold morning and my vehicle is at the paint shop for some bed liner in the pickup box. A good friend let me use his
truck but not wanting to take advantage too much, I decided to spend some time and tinker in the shop this morning.
My truck will be done tomorrow.

My first project was to make a handle for a pipeliner file that I picked up at the scrap yard. It's not worn and very little rust so
I can't imagine why it might be tossed. Anyhow, it was a little lathe project. It works really well on wood as well as metals
so glad to have it in my file collection. I'm sure they are not a cheap item to buy.

My second project involved the last two inches of a solid truck receiver that was left over from making a pair of 5c collet holders.
It was rough and had been torched on but I could see a VEE block in there somewhere. First at hand was to square it up and
get it true. Then I milled out the Vs. I'm happy with the outcome of both projects and being able to play in the shop a bit.P1030719.JPGI used a piece of copper pipe for the ferrule and burned in the tapered rectangular file end using a torch to heat the file handle. I saw that on the
web on You Tube so had to try it. It does make a lot of smoke!

Maybe they tossed it because of the rust, I just don't know......By the way those are not my feet, the cat had to get in the picture!:encourage:
P1030720.JPG

Last edited:
Back