Vernier protractor

gbritnell

Active User
Registered
I've been around tools and tooling most of my life and have never seen anything like this. When I bought my lathe many years ago there was a box of 'tooling' that came with it. In there wrapped in oily paper and a rag was this vernier protractor.
It has 2 levels, one for each horizontal axis, both adjustable. It has divisions on the main arced beam and then the horizontal beam has a minute curve to it so when the level head is moved it will divide the degrees into minutes. In the one picture there is a name Massi and the word for minutes in either German or Swiss? I really don't know what to use it for because of the size but it sure it neat.
gbritnell

VERN PROT 5.JPG VERN PROT 1.JPG VERN PROT 2.JPG VERN PROT 3.JPG VERN PROT 4.JPG

The name Massi and the form of the logo brings to memory the MAUSER company,of weapons
fame.May be i am wrong.
Ariscats

Hello, thats an amazing looking spirit level your shelves will be level beyond belief. :jester:

DRP is an abriviation for "Deutsches Reichspatent", it means copywrited in germany(acording to wikipedia font of all knowledge ;-) and was used untill 1945, so it's almost certainly pre 1945.

Stuart

Back