aaronpadilla

Registered
Registered
Hi there,

I got a Versa-Mil #2 with Versa-shaper attachment looking like it was never used, however some storage rust was build-up but not that bad, so some kind of eccentric shaft is missing to drive the shaper attachment, I got a straight shaft used for the 90deg head so I am guessing that it is missing a similar one with an eccentric end. I know that I can buy the original one but if someone here is able to show me some photos or even better sharing some drawings, I could try to build it myself.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
I have one of those attachments, but without the driver, on mine, the driver would be inserted into a hole in the attachment, and all the eccentric crank is internal to the attachment; your Versa Mill is a bit different than mine, in that yours appears to be a later model with the tooling and drivers held into the spindle with a drawbar, where mine are held in with a threaded part of the tooling/drivers. I had planned on selling my attachment, but have not got around to doing so.

I took a good look at mine, and apparently, the mechanism inside is entirely different than yours, instead of the slotted link yours has, mine has a a linkage connected to an adjustable crank, giving it a stroke up to 4" long. My outfit was made by the Master Milling company, apparently a precursor of Versa Mill company. Unfortunately, the construction of my attachment would be of little or no help in sorting out your situation.

I took a good look at mine, and apparently, the mechanism inside is entirely different than yours, instead of the slotted link yours has, mine has a a linkage connected to an adjustable crank, giving it a stroke up to 4" long. My outfit was made by the Master Milling company, apparently a precursor of Versa Mill company. Unfortunately, the construction of my attachment would be of little or no help in sorting out your situation.
Thank you, I hope someone has the same than me.
I know that it's not the same but if you want to publish some photos, maybe I could get some inspiration.

Have a nice day,

Thank you, I hope someone has the same than me.
I know that it's not the same but if you want to publish some photos, maybe I could get some inspiration.

Have a nice day,
I will see if I can do so.

You may want to go to Surplusrecord.com and under wanted there is a section for tooling. Put something on there. It's free. They also list surplus, one might be on there Machinetools.com has it too.

Here is the mechanism on my slotter, as you can see, it is entirely different than yours; the rest of the slotter is pretty much the same as yours looking at the exterior. Mine does not have the slotted link like yours.

Attachments

• P1070609.JPG
    P1070609.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P1070610.JPG
    P1070610.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 8
  • P1070611.JPG
    P1070611.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 8
Here is the mechanism on my slotter, as you can see, it is entirely different than yours; the rest of the slotter is pretty much the same as yours looking at the exterior. Mine does not have the slotted link like yours.
Well it's very diferent, the displacement adjustment is interesting I could use it, thank you

Back