Vertical 80 gal air compressor

dlane

Active User
Registered
I was going to lay one down in my truck , is this a bad idea ? It’s electric ? About a 15min drive.

5hp 240v 1ph motor Ingersol rand 2stage , headed that way tomorrow I’ll drain the pump oil. It’s been setting outside with the motor covered ,not used for a couple years was told it worked when set there ,I’ll try to get it operational if not it’ll be a BBQ as it will be free.
Thanks

80 gal. Tank would make a fine grill..

Reactions: Z2V
Oil level is generally fairly low in pump. Just block the pump end up a foot and you should be fine. Mike

oil the pistons in the pump and turn it over by hand just to get it free and oiled. drain the tank of water let it set in the shop with valve open for a few days. check the check valve make shore it is free or you will only start it with a empty tank . when you do get it running . lag it to the floor. they will walk around the shop I know mine did till I lagged it down.

Couldn’t wait, plugged it in drain valve leeks air but it got up to 150 psi and shut off.
I’ll put a 90 on drain bung and a 10” pipe with a valve on it make draining easier.
It’s going to get a small incloser out side to live in.
Ied like to have a switch in side shop with a red light on it so I don’t forget to turn it off ,and plumb it and air thru the wall .
Anyone know of a good way to set it up like that ?.
O ya it was free.
Thanks

you can take power off one leg of your 220 on the power out side of your on/off switch provided you have a neutral to work with for your light, or use 220 volt relay to control a separate 110V circuit for your light. I'm sure there are several other ways to accomplish this too. Your unit looks a lot like my Black Max pump. Is your motor 3450 RPM? Mike

Back