Vertical attachment for Burke #4

When i get home from work today I'll shoot some vid and post it for you to compare. I dig the adjustable table on yours. I have the power fees for mine but I have not hooked it up, for what I do on this mill I don't need it. I have a bigger Powermatic/Burke knee mill that i am restoring for the bigger stuff. I do like these little burkes, they actually are a serious machine for their size.

Greg,
I'm about to post another video and this one is the motor running CCW and the VA is turning CW this was after I turned the head around so I had the room for repairs
at the gear box end of table heres the video <
> and a few photos attached.I also had to switch the wiring each time I reversed the rotation.
If I can possibly seat up a micro switch and mount it on the cover for the stuffing box for easy switching I'm game,any ideas ?
You really should set up your table with the auto feed better surface finish and your arm won't get tired. My little Burke is a power house I have used a 3" slab cutter
and removed 1/8" of CRS in a single pass,that was when I first got it, now I know better.
Thanks again
Regards
dgehricke

Head on right for table repair.jpg

Head switched.jpg

Repairs to Table.jpg

That looks right to me now. I don't really do anything heavy on my Burke and I haven't ever really wished for the power feed or said gee I should hook it up. In fact I'm looking for a handle that I can mount to the right side of the mill. I have the mill in the pics below for heavier cuts, I'll put a power feed on it.
Here's the short vid of mine running, yours is running the same.

This was the day I purchased it in the shop I purchased it from.
I have all the handles for it. It's R8
7-21-16 phone pics 045.jpg
Loaded on my work truck to tak back to the company I work for shop. I just used a crane to unload it, lol.
7-21-16 phone pics 055.jpg

Greg,
Nice looking Powermatic you have there. What machine needs a handle for the righthand end the Burke #4 if so I have them,let me know.
Regards
dgehricke

Thanks, I plan to do a restore on the Powermatic. I recently took it all apart and got it in the basement. Did you get your no.4 all sorted out? It looks like you did.
The handle I am looking for is for the right side of the table of the Burke no. 4

Greg, I have an extra handle your more then welcome to it, How are you going to change the lead screw ? My Burke si sorted out I thought I posted this but I may have closed the window and forgot to post it. The head will work fine on the RIGHT side of the over arm as your standing in front of the machine. So far as I know if the head is turned or shifted to the left side of the overarm it changes direction to CCW rotation, so if we were thinking the head can be switched from right to left it can't be done switching the head involves removing the shaft and turn it end for end and then the HEAD will have CCW rotation which will not work to good with end mills.nI hope any one that reads this understands it.
heres acouple of photos of the handle all those pit marks add character and helps remove callus during long machining secessions.
Let me know if you want it and send me an address all I ask is pay the postage.
Regards
Wally G.
dgehricke

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8096.jpg

Wally, that's a very generous offer, but I don't know if I can revive that one. A little pitting I could sand out, but that one is pretty severe, lol.
Thank you!
Greg

Yea but the price is right.There always a little devcon and sand it.
regards
dgehricke

Back