Very small and crowded

Shop looks a little better when it’s cleaned up and things are put away ! !

it was palatial until you started realizing the mammoth size of your machines... it may look tight as time goes on.
I already have trouble keeping track of everything, so the current construction is the upper bound on my shop space even if budget was unconstrained. And it's a lot of space to clean up!! I'll just have to take inspiration from @frankly2's organization if I'm going to acquire more. Maybe I can even offer to help @mmcmdl with his collection :)

I already have trouble keeping track of everything, so the current construction is the upper bound on my shop space even if budget was unconstrained. And it's a lot of space to clean up!! I'll just have to take inspiration from @frankly2's organization if I'm going to acquire more. Maybe I can even offer to help @mmcmdl with his collection :)
When you are in such a small space keeping it clean and putting things where they belong after use is very necessary and essential to a machinists mental health ! Not being able to find your tooling is going to drive anyone nuts.
Especially after a person has made the effort to make proper places for the essential tools.

Looking for my glasses and finding them hanging on my nose and ears is always a ”wow they are where I put them last” realism. Just like finding a tool where it belongs or so you thought.

What the heck did I do with those calipers ? Oh cra… I left them on all night, now the battery is dead ! Where the He… is my coffee cup ? ? Oh no ! I put in the desk drawer again !

please don’t use me or my shop as any example of organization ! !

Back