Very unique Andre Bechler pinion cutting machine

Bechler was if not still the epitome of Swiss automatic lathes. In my time they ran off of cams that were cut on a special Bechler machine. It took a good amount of knowledge to cut the cam set up and run them. The ones I'm familiar with made very small parts. It's all done by CNC now I believe. I would think that machine would be a beauty for a clock/watch maker. Take good care of it.
dickr

Hello Dave, I enjoyed your set of pictures, again your machine is more current then mine.
I copied the book and have a set of cutters for you. I'll get it in the mail this weekend.
Check to see if you have some index plates. I didn't see them with the cutter.
I'll get the pictures this week. Patrick

Check to see if you have some index plates. I didn't see them with the cutter.
I'll get the pictures this week. Patrick

Patrick--I didn't get any accessories or index plates---just got the machine as is---------*hopefully another member that builds clocks has one of these machines with extra parts.-----Dave

Dave, Making the index plates is very easy if you have a dividing head. I am also sending youa part that I don't know the name of that works with the 10 count index plate.I am also making a copy of the index plates so you can see how simple they are.Patrick

Thanks a lot Patrick--it sounds like you know a lot about this machine and that is why I started this thread--when I bought this unique machine I didn't even know what it was for--just that it had my head happily spinning trying to figure out why it had so many dovetail features and special cams--I thought since it was made in Switzerland and so complicated and intricate that it was for clock or watchmaking--so thanks for helping me with knowledge and information on it--very appreciated---Dave

Hello Dave, I'm glad I can help. I have a friend that said I'll never get it to work.
Because of his challenge I now have it running. As I said I just took each problem solved it and moved to
the next. Patrick

Hello Dave, I'm glad I can help. I have a friend that said I'll never get it to work.
Because of his challenge I now have it running. As I said I just took each problem solved it and moved to
the next. Patrick
Ya just gotta love them neighbors who never seem to get anything done, but can tell you it won't ever work if you ask em...

Bob

Hello Dave, The manual and cutters are on there way to you. I didn't make it
to the Post Office on Saturday as planned. I hope this helps.
By the was they gave me a tracking number 9114901159815993579293.
Enjoy Patrick

Looks like I'll have to plan a trip to Rochester in the near future so I can lay my eyeballs on this piece of mechanical wizardry!

Good morning Patrick and Dave these are some photos of my Bechler as you can see there are no index plate and moreover I should build a stand to place the machine and the motor. The serial number of my machine is 1350,I think it's never been used.
IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Last edited:
Back