Vfd and motor change

It sounds like you need to use the back gearing to slow down the spindle speed. I don't think any sort of motor will reliablly operate at that slow a speed. Just a thought there. You might also consider my post of just a few minutes ago. On that very subject.
Bill Hudson​

It sounds like you need to use the back gearing to slow down the spindle speed. I don't think any sort of motor will reliablly operate at that slow a speed. Just a thought there. You might also consider my post of just a few minutes ago. On that very subject.
Bill Hudson​
Yes sir. I dropped pulley size from 4in to a 1 3/4 carbide dovetail cutter's stated under 700 rpms small. 260 to. 500 thank you Mike

up date, here is what i did, i found a treadmill they were giving away, the motor was a 2.25hp, i have seen many videos so, i ordered a 8000w s.c.r. with a pot installed, and a bridge rectifier, china of course, (good/bad) butt hooked it up and blew a fuse 10 amp, short fuse in the scr. tried a new fuse ran the mill in different speeds turned the mill off and then back on blew another fuse,??????, i'm stubborn and tried another and up and running again, i could adjust the speed no problem, this time i turned off the mill and turned the scr to the off position, powered up the mill then turned the scr on to ramp up speed needed and works like a charm i don't know for how long this will work, it will give me time to save and get a 3ph motor and a teco vfd, thank you every one for the help

Back