Vfd For A Bridgeport

What did you add to you VFD to get the sensorless vector ? I thought mine came with it already ...

I already planned for the cooling issue and bought a 80mm AC powered fan to mount on top of the motor cover. Depending on how that works I may need to get a larger/more CFM fan.
Thank you for explaining those settings, this will help me tremendously.

This is the model I have;

upload_2016-11-4_5-1-52.png

It does, I just meant that I paid a premium for a Lentze vs. a China VFD because the Lenze has sensor less Vector. I have the same unit as you, just lower HP size.

Ah okay ! I went with this one because it's made in the US, and the reviews etc...

It does, I just meant that I paid a premium for a Lentze vs. a China VFD because the Lenze has sensor less Vector. I have the same unit as you, just lower HP size.

MBuechle,

Did you ever find a cooling fan etc ?

If not, here is what I came up with. From reading the manual I should be able to use #16 & #17 to trigger the relay when the motor starts and turn off when the motor stops.

uxcell SSR-25 DA 25A 3-32V DC / 24-380V AC Solid State Relay + Heat Sink
51At56un9%2BL._SY90_.jpg

AC Infinity HS1238A, 115V AC Cooling Fan, 120mm x 38mm High Speed
51uuZJzKt0L._SY90_.jpg

51At56un9%2BL._SY90_.jpg

51uuZJzKt0L._SY90_.jpg

51At56un9%2BL._SY90_.jpg

51uuZJzKt0L._SY90_.jpg

51At56un9%2BL._SY90_.jpg

51uuZJzKt0L._SY90_.jpg

51At56un9%2BL._SY90_.jpg

51uuZJzKt0L._SY90_.jpg

51At56un9%2BL._SY90_.jpg

51uuZJzKt0L._SY90_.jpg

I thought about using a thermostat but then I thought that if the mill was running why not just run the fan. Most of the cutting will be done at slower speeds and that is when the fan is needed.

With the Lenze VFD it is so easy to use a relay to trigger the 110v fan by using control pins 16 & 17.

Here is the thermostat I was thinking of using;

AC 110V Fahrenheit Digital Temperature Controller 10A 1 Relay with Sensor $15.90 on Amazon (free shipping for Prime members)

I haven't done anything for a fan yet. The mill is in my hangar which is yet unheated, so temp has not been a problem here in Michigan. Have done some fly cutting of steel at 20hz and haven't noticed any significant heating of the motor, but again, it's been <50 degrees in the hangar. It does sound like an excellent idea to use the VFD output to control the fan though, think I'll do that too if or when I have the need.

Back