VFD Pulley Setup?

For an E stop, you really, really want the VFD dynamic brake to bring it to halt as soon as possible. Most have external control provision - just wire the run switch inline with an E stop button and you're good to go. Pop the switch, it'll being the motor to stop as soon as it can by shunting the coils through resistors. Powering off the VFD won't do this. Mine stops in about half a second, rather than lazily winding down like it would if you just switched the motor off by isolating it.
I was talking about when I'm not in the shop. It seems the VFD stays powered up all the time unless I trip the breaker. I didn't see any provision in the sparse instructions about it.

Ah, OK. Sorry, misunderstood! Yeah, I have switches to power mine off as I don't use for weeks sometimes.

It just occurred to me while programming my VFD that it seems to have no shutoff. Do I have to put a switch on the input?
Yes you need a main power switch, or unplug from the outlet when not in use. You do want to set the VFD parameter for motor horsepower so it will protect the motor from over current.

Back