Vfd quality

plunger

Registered
Registered
They have an impressive write up on it, but no U.S. based feedback that I noticed .............. :dunno:
I have bought some tooling from Banggood and found it satisfactory...

Looks just like the XSY-AT1 that I have 2 of. Best price I located now is from Walmart. I like these!

Return policy is easier than to China

Aaron

Check ebay and Amazon. There are a ton of units like those being sold. I have 3 2HP units and they work great.

I just noticed the flag on your post. Looks like you are in South Africa. I have no idea what vendors you have in that area. I have had decent luck importing from banggood to the US, so I would think the experience would be similar for you, depending on the local delivery services.

I bought a similer inverter on banggood. I am hoping someone here could help me wire it . The chinglish manual is hard to understand.

I bought a similer inverter on banggood. I am hoping someone here could help me wire it . The chinglish manual is hard to understand.

Can you show us a pic of the instructions for it or a link to an online version? The exact setup might vary.

The short version is to start with power in and out. Those are usually pretty clear. Wire direct to the motor from the VFD output, source power to input. The VFD should power up and you can control it with the onboard keypad. After that, you can work on using other stuff to control it, if desired. If the motor runs backward, swap any 2 of the 3 phase wires.

I will try get a link to the manual a bit later. I am trying to get it to run with a 10k pot and momentary switches so I dont need to use the keypad which is impractical as it is on a drill press which I have made a jackshaft for. I want to be able to tap with it so the keypad is awkward.I dont know if the vfd will recognize the difference between a momentary switch and permanent switch. My other vfd is wired differently if I use momentary switches and not a fixed switch.

Momentary switches for run/stop work with 3 wire control, looking at the manuals this VFD model does not seem to have programming for that function. You also need to set the parameters to use the inputs for external control and the speed pot. AT least the manual I have P10 is the working frequency source, when set to 2 it is for external analog signal, P11 is start/stop control and 2 is for external control. Typical speed pots are 1, 2 or 5K linear taper in the 0.5-4W range, usually they see a 0-10V 10 mA for analogue voltage control.

Back