VFD Retrofit-1925 Superior Dual Spindle Horizontal Milling Machine

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
I got a milling machine just about 3 years ago, her name is Beth.
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/superior-duplex-milling-machine.30196/#post-260418

she's been lonely in the shop, seems she doesn't play much anymore- UNTIL YESTERDAY!!!!!:grin:
i got the deal of the week ,on a new Chinese 2.2kw (3hp) VFD.
i got if from ebay for a penny or 2 under $88 shipped.
i bought it on price alone and really i want to do a Samsonite Test on it to see its limits, but i'll be nice for a bit :grin big:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-2KW-220V-3HP-Single-Phase-Variable-Frequency-Inverter-Drive-Inverter-VSD-VFD/322737388045?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
i have no connection to the company, but i will say it shipped fast, and i am pleased, so far!

the directions are in a compact folded maplike structure and were easy to understand.
initial setup was easy to set, a lot of parameters are preset.
i'll make a list of the settings and edit the post later to show the settings i used.
the vfd is not mounted to the mill at this time, it is on a black and decker workmate until i remove the gigantic contactor the mill had.
i made a video of the mill and the VFD, i did a quick hook up to see if the vfd functioned.
it did, then i made a couple test cuts and here is the 1st video of the VFD Retrofit

if you have nothing better for the next 9:00, have a look

in the next video VFD mounting, wiring, parameters i set!
same bat time, same bat station!

Hey Mike,
You own a mill that is copyright protected?
That's the message I get when I try to watch your video!!
Copyright.jpg

Sorry Guys,
i added a small snippet of copyrighted music to the end of the video and it almost broke YOUTUBE.
i'm not making money off the video and the guy who wrote and played the tune is dead, it just doesn't make any sense.
i'll re-edit the video and reload, sorry for the delay

Last edited:
i'm not making money off the video and the guy who wrote and played the tune is dead, it just doesn't make any sense.
Doesn't matter, someone OWNS the rights to the music. They won't be happy until EVERYTHING we do is monetized, and anything that anyone cares about can still bring in a nickle...

Back