VICTORIA MK.1 HO

tertiaryjim

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Drove about 540 miles round trip to pick up my new horizontal mill.
It's pretty plain but is built very stout.
Have too many projects going and it will be a undetermined time before it gets " gone through " and made ready to run.
It was in a small shop and sold to the gent from whom I purchased it 17 years ago. He never even wired it up.
After sitting so long It needs to be fully torn down and all the bearings cleaned and re-lubricated including the motor.
The casting is a nickel chrome steel forging and the ways are lubricated with grease.
The ways and dovetails that are visible are smooth but I can't see any wear. Just some minor surface rust. Mostly on the column.
IMG_0556 - Copy.JPG
Haven't found a weight or really much information yet. It's probably over 1000lbs.
Longitudinal travel is 20" , 7" traverse, and 14.75" vertically.
The only tooling with it is four arbors with spacers.
IMG_0557 - Copy.JPG
The spindle is belt drive with six speeds driven by a 2.5 HP motor.
IMG_0558 - Copy.JPG
Power to the longitudinal gearbox is chain drive. The smaller chain will have to be replaced.
IMG_0559.JPG
The table feed gearbox.
IMG_0560 - Copy.JPG
The dovetails are 7/8" tall and being of steel are plenty rigid.
IMG_0563 - Copy.JPG
Here's the bad news. The front lip of the table was broken and not well repaired.
IMG_0565 - Copy.JPG
And the end of this T-slot seems to be missing.
Utah interstate is posted 80 mph. Didn't drive that fast, er very much, but it was a fast trip for the distance.
Spent a hour or so visiting with the seller and with rest stops it was a 13 hour day.
People found the mill interesting at the scenic overlooks and I met some nice folks.

Looks like a very capable mill. Once you go over it , I'm sure you will have a great machine. That would have been a long trip with all that metal looking at you in your rear view mirror.Lol
Well done.
Cheers
Martin

Back