Video of my DIY Mist Coolant setup

bloomingtonmike

Active User
Registered
Here is my video of my DIY Mist Coolant setup.

[video=youtube;bTRuDzdezbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTRuDzdezbg[/video]

Very nice, Mike. Thanks for the video of your setup.

I was wondering if WD-40 would affect the type of plastic that is used to form those filter housings. Some clear plastics will cloud or craze from contact with some oils, but I can see that WD-40 appears to have no affect on yours.

looks good what are you using for the coolant?
steve

WD40 is in there now (for some alum I am cutting) and will order some Kool Mist soon I think. Being that it is fairly small and easy to get too it is easy to change.

pretty cool

I like the fact that it's limiting the amount of sprayage (is that a word? lol). at the same time - is that limited amount of coolant practical? does it cool enough to make it useful (sure you could say that anything is better than nothing at all, but I'm just curious)?

misters cool very well from what i am told. espically for high speed operations and in open cnc knee mills flood coolant would be like taking a shower with every part.

Mike i was thinking of using centroid also for retro. I have a ton of questions.

Spray mist doesn't don't really cool your part, they lubricate the cutter.

Misters work good for profiling and surfacing, but they don't work that well for drilling and pocketing.

I have a dual nozzle Fog Buster on my machine running output pressure of 12 PSI and it works great for what I do.

Here's what I threw together. Use coolant or just air. Infinately adjustable. I never wired it to be activated by G Code though.20170127_150025[2781].jpg 20170127_150010[2782].jpg

Back