Vintage Brown & Sharpe No.2 dividing head

huberpat

Registered
Registered
I picked this unit up sitting for sale in someone's front yard about 8 years ago. The tilt feature was stuck but it was in otherwise in good shape. I finally got around to disassembling and cleaning it. Turned out pretty good and everything turns super smooth. It is missing the #2 index plate, the quick index plate, and the handle for the gear that locks the pin in the quick index plate. I will eventually make the handle and the quick index plate. This was a fun project.

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

IMG_5689.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5692.JPG

IMG_5693.JPG

Would you be willing to sell it? If so, price with shipping to ZIP 48640 please.

Thanks,
Patrick

Here are pictures of the dividing plate (both sides). I'd like to get $40, shipping included. I thought I might have the handle too, but could not find any other parts, which I did have at one time, I had to buy an extra dividing head to repair one damaged in shipping. I also have some laser cut parts for rotary milling with the dividing head, it fits over the existing crank and gives increased leverage; I saw a picture of one in B&S book on screw machines, used for milling of cams. I have never seen one in any B&S catalog; I'd sell one without the crank handle for $10, I would combine shipping.

Attachments

• andrea & index plate 011.JPG
    andrea & index plate 011.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
  • andrea & index plate 012.JPG
    andrea & index plate 012.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 10
  • B&S crank 001.JPG
    B&S crank 001.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
  • B&S crank 002.JPG
    B&S crank 002.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
$40 sounds perfectly fair to me. I don’t think I need the laser cut handle, just the index plate. How would you like me to pay? I can do PayPal if that works for you.
Thanks,
Patrick

Back