VINTAGE LATHE RESTORATION

ronojak

Registered
Registered
I AM LOOKING FOR SPARES AND A MANUAL FOR THIS LATHE(SHELDON MACHINE KS144) ANY IDEAS,

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-10 at 7.42.39 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-10 at 7.42.39 PM.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 84
The tailstock looks to be possibly homemade, it appears to have no lateral adjustment.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, this will be of help, hope to get spares on eBay, I am a real novice but will try to fix this lathe.

The backstory of that machine and how it got to your location I'm sure would be interesting
-Mark
I found it abandon outside a garage where I normally repair my car and the owner sold it to me for $150, he claims it was from a farm owned by a settler either Lord Delamere or a South African.

Hi and welcome!

Did it come with a chuck or any other parts? If not your first task will be finding out the spindle thread and locating a 3 or 4 jaw chuck. Be patient and don't spend too much on eBay until you have more information. It's all too easy to buy things that aren't useful just because they might work on your machine.

Cheers,

John

Hi, thanks for the advice. please see attached, these are the accessories that came with the lathe I don't know how to fix them especially the small one, I need a manual.

thanks

Joseph

Attachments

• chuck-2.JPG
    chuck-2.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 36
  • chuck-4.JPG
    chuck-4.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 28
Back