Virus/flu

dlane

Active User
Registered
Just getting over this flu virus it has been a SOB ,before this i haven’t been sick for 20 years. Seems like everybody I know has had it , dose have it , or is getting it , all over the United States. This thing is killing what seems like lots of people country wide ,
hospitals are packed everywhere because of it .
My feeling is it’s not normal or natural for a virus/flu to infect the whole country as this one has.
The conspiracy side of me says that a different country sent it to us on purpose, say one that most all of our stuff comes from now,
Thoughts

Did you have the flu shot? Despite the best science they have they still have to try and predict what strain of virus will be prevalent in the upcoming flu season, however from what I have heard around here they didn't get it as accurately as they have in the recent past.

Could this be part of the problem?

David

Never had the flu shot before, and as stated haven’t been sick in 20 yrs till this thing
I may try one next year

We are over 70 so have been having the flu shots for the past number of years..although never did have the flu before or since. They are free here so might as well.

Oh and I am glad that you are on the mend. I know of a couple of older folks who are struggling to survive after catching it.

David

There's a lot of it over here, some friends had it over the holiday. It seems to come back for seconds in case it didn't kill you the first time! Very nasty bug!

Kicked my a$$ for two weeks. Like the saying goes, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". I stopped the flu shots when I separated from the military many moons ago. Too risky IMO for a strain prediction only. dlane, glad you recovered.
I will add one important symptom to take very serious and never delay treatment. Shortness of breath (SOB) with a productive cough, especially if it gets worse when laying flat. This has claimed several lives in otherwise healthy folks in short order.

Stay healthy my friends.

It can also take out your cardio. Something I have to be all too aware of.
There's a report out today that it is hitting 'Baby-Boomers' especially hard. Well gang - that's a number of us.
This season strikes me personally as being a bit out of the 'norm'.
Read up on it and be informed. " Simple Google News search on 'Flu 2018' "
There's no need to become a statistic if you can avoid it. . .

Derrick, it's the same up here.
This one is worse than the last few years.

Glad you recovered. and flue is not good. I have been getting my flue shots. the worst one I had was H1N1, wife was the first confirmed case reported in SA and I was prob close behind her. That one knocked the S--- out of us. And this one seems to be hitting just as bad if not worse so take care. And if you have the shortness of breath get to the doctor, especially if you are prone to problems Pneumonia or such, it just makes things worse.

Just getting over this flu virus it has been a SOB ,before this i haven’t been sick for 20 years. Seems like everybody I know has had it , dose have it , or is getting it , all over the United States. This thing is killing what seems like lots of people country wide ,
hospitals are packed everywhere because of it .
My feeling is it’s not normal or natural for a virus/flu to infect the whole country as this one has.
The conspiracy side of me says that a different country sent it to us on purpose, say one that most all of our stuff comes from now,
Thoughts
The Spanish Flu pandemic 100 years ago killed between 50 and 100 million people or 3% of the world's population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic

Back