Vise Handle Upgrade For Mini Mill and HF Bandsaw

NightWing

Active User
Registered
I had drafted up a lengthy post giving step by step of these simple upgrades, but somehow I bumped a key that made everything go away. So, briefly:

I bought two Impact Resistant Three-Arm Handles from McMaster-Carr, #3132K43 @ $9.74 ea.

I bought a 14mm deep reach thin wall socket that fit the hex on the mini-mill vise clamping screw. I drilled and bored the first handle on my lathe to accept the socket. I also cross-drilled and tapped a 6mm hole in the side of the handle hub. I snagged a flat on the side of the socket, painted it and the bore with JB weld and assembled it, with a binder bolt drawn tight on the flat.

I did a similar thing to the second handle and drilled and bored it to fit the vise shaft on the HF saw. That shaft already had a good flat so another drilled and tapped 6mm hole in the hug allowed simple assembly. These handles do not interfere with any part of either machine and make tightening the respective vises a simple chore.

Saw and Mill upgrade 001.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 008.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 007.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 006.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 002.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 003.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 004.jpg Saw and Mill upgrade 005.jpg

I like this idea. I might have to borrow it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Back