Vise recommendation

I use my 4" more than my 6" vise.
If I were looking at the two and deciding which I wanted to pick up, it would be the 4" too.

Since I only have a 6", I don't have to choose.

I picked up a blemish 6 inch vise from Kurt. Had to look hard for any thing wrong. The only thing I could find were some minor casting pits were it didn’t mater. Very happy with the vice.
Yep I bough my vise that way too, only a minor blemish. Kurt's Scratch and Dent option is a great way to save some bucks on, arguably, the best vise out there. They come with the full warrantee.

As far as size, it all comes down to what types of work you'll be doing. If you only do small projects maybe a 4" vise will suffice. But if you are not sure, a 6"might be a better choice.

I had a 4” on the 42” Bridgeport, too small. I got a $150 6” import with swivel, it‘s been a good purchase, not at all junk as some have found. And the size is right. Remember, you can always hold a smaller vise in the bigger, if it helps. Beyond the 6” spec, the maximum jaw opening is important. I never really wish that I had an 8” vise, but frequently wish the jaws opened more…mine stops at a little over 6”, not really enough. Yes, the jaws can be moved around to hold some parts of the right shape, but it’s an annoyance.

I've been very happy with the Kurt DX6 on my CNC mill, I run a TE-CO 6" on my BP and its also been wonderful..

No argument on the Kurt but also a plus 1 vote for Glacern Machine Tools vise, I have two of them and they have been great.

Back