• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

[4]
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Scruffy

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Ok I give what holds the vise to the table on a 100 year old cinn. 16 inch shaper. I’ve looked for a hour. Here’s some pics of it.
Thanks Ron
5CBE3E87-D8DE-4362-853D-9AFB367C8C04.jpeg
1FFF0990-DC12-4335-BE35-6598D6A0D7AB.jpeg

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Hi Scruffy,
i'm not sure on a big shaper, but my little ammco 7" shaper had a bolt/stud that goes all the way through the vise.
there is a big 7/8" nut that clamps the vise stud down against the box.

at a guess, you may have something or multiple somethings under the box holding it down

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
My idea of fun! Ok, you've not shown the vise pulled from the base, but my guess is the hold downs bolts are counter sunk into the slot of the swivel base. I base my guess by all the holes I see in the table.....they don't look random.

I can only imagine the forces involved with a 16" compared to my 7"!

Scruffy

Active User
Yep c - bag had to take top of vise off, all 200 +lbs of it. Their were 4 countersunk allen heads in the lower half of vise.
I had wanted to slide it rearward 5 or 6 inches sinc it was give to me for removal a few years ago. Now I just knew how to use it.
Thanks ron

[6]
[5] [7]