VN VN #12 update

John TV

Registered
Registered
Just an update on the new to me VN #12. Been home more than a month now but made my first chips today.......a brief pause while I cry a few tears of joy...... This is my first milling experience ever except the milling attachment on the old Logan lathe. Im quite sure I will wreck a lot of good metal now but I will be smiling doing it. Now it's time to learn the strengths and weaknesses of this machine and how to use them.

Just an FYI. One reason it took so long to get the machine running was that I ordered a rotary phase converter from WNY Supply more than a month ago and I'm still waiting for it. Several calls and emails later, I still have no idea if or when it will come. I finally made a temporary "rope start" phase converter to run the machine for short periods while I wait for the panel.

Thank you for your support. I'm quite sure I would not have started this this hobby without having you all here for support, encouragement and education.
John Minnesota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool John, have fun with your Van Halen (I mean Norman) LOL
Mark

Just an FYI. One reason it took so long to get the machine running was that I ordered a rotary phase converter from WNY Supply more than a month ago and I'm still waiting for it. Several calls and emails later, I still have no idea if or when it will come. ...
Prior to this, I've had good feedback about WNY. Did they respond at all to your calls and e-mails?

A bit of a long story. Abbreviated version:
Ordered and paid with pay pal.

A day or two later, I checked the status and it showed as an incomplete order. I called them gave them PayPal invoice number etc, seemed helpful and said they would check it out. Next day order showed completed. Thought all was ok.

I waited about two weeks and order still did not show as shipped. I called again, seemed helpful said would check but he thought item was shipped. Waited a few days checked website again and it showed that a mailing label had been created awaiting pick up from USPS.

Waited another week still the same, awaiting pick up USPS. Emailed asking for update on my order. No response.

Last contact was about 35 days into total process and just before my post here stating that if the order could not be shipped in 10 days to cancel the order and refund my payment. No response so far.

I would really like to get the product. I understand production delays, inventory outages etc. just wish they would be a little more forthcoming with info. Hope it all ends well but thinking it may not. All small business struggle from time to time, I'm hoping this is just an one time problem with my order.

I'll let you know how it plays out.

OK. Thanks.

Make sure that you don't run out of time to get a refund from PayPal.

Update to my update.

Just received the RPC panel today. Yes! Although it was a total of 47 days from order to delivery, the panel has finally arrived and it appears in good shape. I won't be able to install it for a few days but I assume it will work fine.

As I stated above, I really don't have a problem waiting, just disappointed in the lack of communication and the expectation of a more rapid delivery. If they had stated it could take up 6 weeks to deliver I would still have ordered the product and all expectations would have been on track.

Thanks to you all.

John
Minnesota

John,

Thanks for updating us. As I said, I've had good feedback about WNY products in the past. I'm glad that the finally came through.

Back