VN Vn Dividing Head Plates Available

Jason Annen

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a very limited number of new dividing head plates available, 4 for the 7.5" and 10" horizontal, and possibly 1 or 2 for the 10" vertical. If you need a specific one, let me know.

Jason

Thanks, I have 1 left, the 38 to 46 plate.

Jason

Jason,

Have you considered making a plate with a 127 hole circle so a change gear could be made for metric threading on the lathe?

No, this whole deal's purpose was to fill in the holes in my plate collection. I made a few extras to cover costs, but I actually lost money compared to working my real job. I highly don't I will do it again, as each plate took about 5 hours, from start to finish.

Jason

Jason,

Have you considered making a plate with a 127 hole circle so a change gear could be made for metric threading on the lathe?
I just made me a plate for my RT with 37 and 47 divisions so I could cut metric transposing gears on my milling machine for my south bend lathe. I used my DRO to do the bolt circle layouts and it worked without any problems ; The new gears run good == There are some posts you can find that will tell you the 37/47 tooth combination will let you keep the end cover on your south bend 9a closed with these gears and the error is like .02% so for most metric threads you will never see it == Jack

coffmajt,
I've always wondered if the sequence/position of the gears makes any difference to the results.
Do you know?

Daryl
MN

Back