VW Beetle, with a twist

Wow what a masterpiece ! Awesome job on everything.
Pity we don't get to see his first drag victim.

Cool thanks!
Whoa she really gets up and boogies!!

Fantastic. I'd love to know how they got the final drive running the right way, though. Mounting that engine and box like that should result in 5 or 6 reverse and 1 forward gear if it's the scooby box. :laughing:

Anyone follow Project Binky on YouTube? Classic mini with Celica GT4 running gear...

Fantastic. I'd love to know how they got the final drive running the right way, though. Mounting that engine and box like that should result in 5 or 6 reverse and 1 forward gear if it's the scooby box. :laughing:

Anyone follow Project Binky on YouTube? Classic mini with Celica GT4 running gear...

The ring and pinion were flipped over.
Also a common trick when VW bus transmissions are used in mid-engine sand rails.

The only thing I’m skeptical of is the 14deg those poor cv joint/axels have to run at. I’d be listening for them popping all the time. The rest of it is a work of art and well thought out and executed. Would love to see it run an actual race.

They should be okay at the rear, might wear a little quicker. You'd probably not get away with that at the front adding some steering angle in, though.

My brother-in- law bored out the engine and added hot cams to a 61(?) falcon. There were other things that he did such as beefing up the suspension. Otherwise, inside and outside, it looked like a little old falcon. Go drag racing and beat these other cars every time. After the race, he loved opening the hood and watch their jaws drop.

Back