W.F. Wells W-9

RustyD

Registered
Registered
I have just rebuilt a 1958 W-9 twin post bandsaw, It was 3ph and now 1ph would any one have a simple electric digram for 1ph conversion for this saw Sn#58220.

Regards

What are you trying to wire up besides the motor? Are you just trying to figure out how to wire switches, or is there a coolant pump or other things that need conversion besides the motor?

Post some pictures so we know what you're trying to do.

Cheers,

John

I have 4 switches that was with the saw, the rod through the machine with two leaver under the bed to stop and start, on the out side a large off and on push button, another with a rocker switch, something with no switch. the motors are working and the rotations are correct blade runs and the hydraulic runs go up and down, the coolant pump just has a plug on it and it works,

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Okay, so I'm guessing you have the motor and coolant pump just hooked up directly to the mains through a plug? Did you use a 220v motor or 110v? Most likely what you have on the floor is a motor starter, switch, and I'm not really sure what the box with only one wire is.

Here's an earlier thread with some wiring diagrams if that helps.

Also an original instruction manual with some wiring stuff.

It looks like the blade, pump and bar feed motors are all 3 phase, have you replaced all of them?

Okay, so I'm guessing you have the motor and coolant pump just hooked up directly to the mains through a plug? Did you use a 220v motor or 110v? Most likely what you have on the floor is a motor starter, switch, and I'm not really sure what the box with only one wire is.

Here's an earlier thread with some wiring diagrams if that helps.

Also an original instruction manual with some wiring stuff.

It looks like the blade, pump and bar feed motors are all 3 phase, have you replaced all of them?

Yes all motors are 1ph 120v

So wire each motor to it’s own switch and make a nice panel to mount them on. Unless you’re installing an automatic shut-off it shouldn’t be any worse than that.

Back