Walk back in time

My goal is to get my shop looking that neat! As far as finding stuff, my problem is that when I put things away, I put them in a logical place at the time but later on the logic escapes me. I can remember that I have stuff but can't remember where. I've thought aboutmarking locations and creating an index. Or maybe just glue one of these tags to everything. https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/ :laughing:

Those things are pretty neat RJ, but at at $60 for four of them, I'd need to buy several thousand dollars worth for all my crap, eer priceless stuff, and then I'd lose my phone. My technique is to have seventy-eleven (yes, that is too a number) projects going simultaneously so when I lose track of a tool I,m using on one project, I just move onto the next one. This works until I can't find anything at all. Then I spend a day or two putting everything back where it belongs. By the time I'm eighty I'll just have to hire someone to follow me around all the time. Cheers, Mike

That's not too bad, I've seen far worse. .....................Bob

We have all seen worse! Having said that, I hope that if I reach that age, that it still looks no worse than that.

As far as finding stuff, my problem is that when I put things away, I put them in a logical place at the time but later on the logic escapes me.

I love it when I lose something. Why? Because during the inevitable search for the lost thing I stumble upon all sorts of other things I had long ago forgotten that I even had. Just the other day I was looking for something and stumbled upon a brand new, still in the box, tapping head. Must have bought the thing 25 years ago. Oh, man, I can totally use that thing tomorrow!

So, anyway, once found, I get to congratulate myself on having made such an astute acquisition so many years ago. Hey, they don't even make 'em that nice any more..

Now. what the heck was it I was looking for???

;-)

MK

That is a universal occurance; for me, sometimes I have to quit looking for something, and just find it by accident, when looking for something else, and it is wonderful to find things that you had forgotten that you (sort of ) possessed.

It seems the things I most carefully put away become the hardest to find! As RJ said, the logic used at the time is forgotten.

The other thing that drives me nuts is knowing I just recently SAW the item during a search for something else, but don't remember WHERE.

God makes me hunt for just laid down items everyday!!
He is looking after my health making sure I get enough EXERCISE!!

My Dads place always looked a mess, but he could tell you where anything was, even things he did not touch for years. I wish I had 1/2 his memory.

I was machining a part for the old boy today and i had to chuckle as no sooner my father would put somthing down the cursing would start trying to find the item he had just put down
That is normal! I get up and can’t remember what I was going to do.....you will find out some day!

Back