Walker Turner 900 Series

That is a Shars table I bought so that I could do some light milling. I did quite a bit of milling in the past with it. Nothing too close in tolerance as it is still a drill press. And it does take a lot longer to mill stuff because of the limited amount that can be removed per pass. But it was better than nothing. Now that the pulley bearings are making noise I haven't done any milling. Keep looking for that next to nothing real milling machine. Almost had a small Bridgeport once but the guy sold it to someone else even though he told me he would sell it to me. Sold for $300.

Here is the email I received from WTMS:

RFQ: Walker Turner 700 / 900 / 1200 / 1300 Series DP and Radial Ram (Pre-Delta Machinery)

Although we do sell the bearings separately - we do suggest customers to send us the pulley for bearing replacement if the bearings are very tight, to avoid breaking the pulley. We can also service the spindle bearings. Replacement new spindle bearings require either the use of Lock-Tite 680 retention fluid on the bore, or an alternate procedure to band the spindle shaft with one light coat of automotive primer at the bearing interface location. Instructions are provided with purchase of bearings.

P/N 70702 Bearing - Extended Inner race (for pulley).............................$28.37ea

P/N 6202-625EER Bearing - Spindle.....................................................$ 8.50 ea

S&H USA..............................................................................................$ 6.80

______________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________

Quotation below is for service Remove & Replacement of bearings. You may leave your chuck installed on spindle when shipping quill/spindle assy. If you would like it removed, please note this with your delivery. If you are sending both pulley and spindle for service, pls use the Return S&H for spindle only. If you would like the old bearings returned - please note as well.

Service DDP-6N Pulley R&R bearings incl bearings......................................$ 78.00
Return Shipping USPS USA.........................................................................$ 14.00

Service DDP57XX Spindle Quill Assembly R&R brgs included.....................$ 65.00
Return Shipping USPS USA.........................................................................$ 19.50

We accept check, MO or Credit Card. If you would like to pay by Credit Card, we will send you an e-payment invoice via PayPal (PayPal account not required).

Walker Turner Serviced Machinery LLC
PO Box 666
Coventry, CT 06238

See...they use either primer or compound. The original bearings are no longer made. But it is not that hard to go through the spindle yourself. Pulley may be a problem unless you know a way to remove the bearings. There is not much access to the bearing to grab or punch it to get it out. I was thinking of a puller that grabs the inner race. But not sure if it would grab well enough.

I noticed they gave a price for the 70702 bearings. When I tried to get them I was told they were no longer made.....hmmmm

When I get the machine, I'll take a look. I may be able to use threaded rod with a swivel bar on the end to get it through
the bearing and swivel it straight to pull it with a large washer/nut on the other end.

don't forget the ID is only 5/8 and the spine in the pulley is smaller

I noticed they gave a price for the 70702 bearings. When I tried to get them I was told they were no longer made.....hmmmm

Well, maybe that was then, but they have them now. I like the idea of adding JB Weld then turning it down. I would have to ask a friend to do this for me on a lathe.

don't forget the ID is only 5/8 and the spine in the pulley is smaller

I would use 5/16" SS threaded rod and mill a slot and cross hole for a swivel bar. That should get it through both openings no?

by the way....I looked for the 70702 bearings this past summer. I noticed you got that quote in 2015. So they may not have the bearings because I believe they used up their old stock by the time I looked for them.

One of these days I have to replace my pulley bearings anyway. So if you haven't done yours by then maybe we can compare notes.

Back