Walker Turner drill press

Grallert

Registered
Registered
Hello folks I'm new to this forum, thanks for having me. I have an old, well two old WT drill presses. I use one but the spindle bearings are worn and wicked noisy. From what I gather these are hard to find? I don't really even know where to start. Any ideas from the hive?
thanks in advance
Matthew

Somewhere around here there's a post about replacing those bearings and where they came from, though naturally I don't remember
where. Try a search and you'll probably come up with it.

Welcome to the forum. Don't forget, we like pictures...

I'll check out the search function. I'll post pictures too. Great sight here, I'm hooked.

I would start by pulling the thing apart and removing the bearings. They should have their identifiers inscribed on one side or the other so you can replace them.

Hi Mikey. Yes I've had it apart, actually i've had both spindles apart. I chose the best bearing to reassemble with. Apparently the ID size is an oddity and no longer available from what I can tell. I'm still looking. What I didn't realize was that there are pulley bearings. Maybe I forgot, it's been a couple of years since I had it apart. I'll have another look this afternoon after work.
M

Little update gang. I found this place here in one of the many threads I read. I think I'll send the pulley and spindle to these folks for new bearings.
Walker Turner Serviced Machinery LLC. Their email is wtsmllc@juno.com. They're in Coventry Connecticut. I sure most of you guys know this but man am I happy to find it and this forum.

Welcome Grallert!

Skip the shipping and just drive them down: you'll have a chance to chat with what seems like some really knowledgeable folks and likely check out more cool W-T equipment. Just an hour and a half from your hill town. (I'm in a valley town just up the river from you.)

Cheers

That's a good idea ConValSam. I have a good friend in your town. He's a potter and serious outdoors man. I think I will take a trip to CT. Thanks for the idea.

Back