Walker Turner Drill Press

minsk

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Can someone please hlp me identify this Walker drill press model...there are no model numbr badges.
Picked it up fro $40.00 want to do a full resto on it

20190706_140146.jpg
20190706_140212.jpg
20190706_140156.jpg

looks like a 900 with an "industrial" table and table lift. For $40 you have a fabulous deal! Does it have the intermediate pulley?

I have a slightly lesser frills version of that and it's done stellar service for many years, love it to bits.

Very cool looking drill press. I especially like the tables built-in-funnel, I've never seen one like that.

looks like a 900 with an "industrial" table and table lift. For $40 you have a fabulous deal! Does it have the intermediate pulley?

I have a slightly lesser frills version of that and it's done stellar service for many years, love it to bits.
i believe it is a 900... one of the castings is cracked on the acme screw holder...need to source one

hmm, you're better off finding an old guy locally who likes beer or pie that will braze it for you. Or make a replacement and keep the original in case you want to revert it back in the future. The odds for finding a replacement part for reasonable money are slim.

I have a WT with the same cracked casting on the geardrive, the section that pinches the column- apparently a weak point in the design

maybe ill mill one out of aluminum....jsut found out the lead screw is stripped to...grr

Maybe just replace the lifting mechanism with a cable style one, unless you want it original?
With the screw unprotected like that I think debree will easily get in the threads, accelerating wear.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back