Waltham Watch Tool Co. Lathe

ps15toolroom

Registered
Registered
Picked this up because I wanted to get into watchmaking and I love Van Norman. Obviously can't go wrong getting a Waltham Watch co lathe. I'm going to clean and document it then begin collecting accessories. I'd like to make my own compound cross slide if I can't find one for this lathe.IMG_small.jpgIMG_small2.jpgIMG_small3.jpg

Nice, I believe yours is older than mine.

Mine is stamped Springfield Mass. According to some info I found at Vintage Machinery the company moved from Waltham to Springfield in 1890.

The knob for screwing down the rest is different as well, you have the older style round knob vs the 4 armed "ships wheel" on mine.

It just amazes me that unless abused these old machines can just keep going for 100+ years.

Nice, I believe yours is older than mine.

Mine is stamped Springfield Mass. According to some info I found at Vintage Machinery the company moved from Waltham to Springfield in 1890.

The knob for screwing down the rest is different as well, you have the older style round knob vs the 4 armed "ships wheel" on mine.

It just amazes me that unless abused these old machines can just keep going for 100+ years.
I figured mine was older than yours simply because all the nickel (chrome?) is gone.
I'd love to see a video of it turning a part!
I'll get around to it. I have 100 projects going at once, a full and part time job, and a 9 month old!

Back