Wanted - B&S 9 horizontal mill arbor

Kkow

Registered
Registered
Looking for a B&S 9 taper horizontal mill arbor with 3/4" or smaller pilot. 1" arbor would be ideal but will consider 7/8 as well as 1 1/4". A lot of mills used these, like Burke.

I have made my own in all those sizes. They are easy to make from CRS. I think I posted a print on here somewhere once.

Thanks. Did you make them from a solid piece or multiples? Did you mill a keyway in it?

I have also seen somewhere that people use a 1" endmill holder with a piece of keyed shaft installed in it. I thought I would give it a shot as time is a bit of premium and my old SB1o will cut a little more taper than I would like.

Keith

I made mine from 1 piece. I did not mill the keyway but may later. I have no slipping problem with out it. I also made my own spacers of different lengths. ( It is very important the ends of these are flat and parallel). If you want I can post a print for them in a few days ( I'm waiting for a new computer to arrive Thursday.)

If you don't find any , I think Cook tools in turnersville NJ , may have some , he's on eBay too. If you were close and could to his warehouse and search. I've been wanting to get there but alas pain is keeping me down. If there's any around I'm sure he's got them. I'm going to make a couple for my atlas mill but it's 2 morse , overall length 12" +- , spacers and nut .
Hi Mark , you doin ok? I'm looking for spine surgeon , epidural shots didn't help .

Last edited:
Back