Wanted: Smallish Horizontal Milling Machine

Degull

Registered
Registered
Looking for a smallish horizontal milling machine like a Diamond M22, M24, Rotax, Atlas, Benchmaster, Nichols, Sheldon etc. Located in Toronto Canada but I'm willing to travel for the right machine. Thanks.

You and about 90% of the members here are in the very same boat it seems! But don't give up or settle on something you Really Don't Want....Good luck on the hunt.

You should find a pretty good selection near where you are. My advice is to be patient and picky, and get one you don't have to do a bunch of work on before you start using it. It's worth paying extra to be able to do work on it, not have to work on it.

I have an atlas horizontal/vertical mill for sale. I have it listed for sale in the US for $2600 shipped. Want me to get a quote on shipping in your canada?

I have a Centec 2C. Complete with OEM overarm, arbor support, and 30taper arbor. Came out of a production shop. The pneumatics went bad. Lathes UK shows pics, and a history of converting these to manual. Is a solid machine. My plan has been to check her for square, and tear her down and scrape if necessary. Lathes UK also shows OEM vertical head attachments. I've got several Bridgey J heads in great condition I've also wondered about adding a riser and adding one of the Js without altering the Centec. Somebody could likely convert her to CNC if they wanted. She is a super rigid machine with small footprint.

Meanwhile I'll be working on a Burke Millrite.

Daryl
MN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I have a Centec 2C. Complete with OEM overarm, arbor support, and 30taper arbor. Came out of a production shop. The pneumatics went bad. Lathes UK shows pics, and a history of converting these to manual. Is a solid machine. My plan has been to check her for square, and tear her down and scrape if necessary. Lathes UK also shows OEM vertical head attachments. I've got several Bridgey J heads in great condition I've also wondered about adding a riser and adding one of the Js without altering the Centec. Somebody could likely convert her to CNC if they wanted. She is a super rigid machine with small footprint.

Meanwhile I'll be working on a Burke Millrite.

Daryl
MN

I might be interested in this, send me some pictures

PM sent.

Daryl
MN

You can send me some too.

Ddickey,
Please email me as I don't have yours on file. I'll send some pics after Christmas. The machine is north at or new place already.

Daryl
MN

Back