Wanting recommendations for insert tooling

I’ve order numerous times from BangGood and have had no quality issues, but to some, the 2-4 weeks delivery time, can be an issue. When I order from them, I plan on 4-5 weeks and if arrives before then, its an added bonus.

MrWhoopee:

Do you also have the SCBCR holder that allows you to take advantage of the "unused" 2 edges of a the CCXT insert? Or do you know of a better way to take advantage of those edges?

Bill

MrWhoopee:

Do you also have the SCBCR holder that allows you to take advantage of the "unused" 2 edges of a the CCXT insert? Or do you know of a better way to take advantage of those edges?

Bill

I do have the SCBCR holder, but have never had occasion to use it. It's still in the tube. I also have tooling for CNMG432 inserts, which my SB Heavy 10 seems to handle as long as I don't expect too much.

I have both the SCBCR and the SCKCR lathe tools, to utilize the normally unused edges of the CCXT insert edges. I use the SCBCR tool, almost daily, to bevel/demurred the leading edge, unlock the QCTP, insert the SCBCR, lock it down, deburr, unlock and reinstall the original tool, very quick and easy. The SCKCR tool again uses the normally unused edge, but it not a commonly used as the SCBCR, it can be used to face and turn, but tools like the SCLCR are normally used.

I bought both tools, because, I’m cheap and could’t bring myself to throw away half used inserts. While the SCBCR is a true benefit, in the shop, the SCKCR is less so

I'm using import inserts myself, they work fine for me on a 12x36. CCMT works best with our slower machines, I turn tool steel mostly with carbide. I've tried a few of the cheaper inserts, I've found one of the "Drill Pro" versions to be decent. They compare well to the Name Brand ones I've tried too. I bought some pricey inserts so I could see if it made a difference, found out these particular inserts worked well enough at a fraction of the cost: My Favorite CCMT

I bought the Master set of tool holders from Persision Matthews when I bought a lathe. No regrets, the set works great IMO. I like using all of the cutting edges with the turning holders. https://www.precisionmatthews.com/s...ool-set-sized-for-bxa-quick-change-tool-post/

I use all of that tool set, the master set hasn't given me any problems over the last couple years. Still using the original screws too. I think the quality is better than the ones I ordered directly from China. Better finished at least. The inserts are not that durable, but usable. Inserts are cheap enough to try a few brands though. I keep about 4 different brands in my tool box, use the cheap gold ones for rough metal so I don't care if I break one edge.

TPG.. another good versatile insert.

I do have the SCBCR holder, but have never had occasion to use it. It's still in the tube. I also have tooling for CNMG432 inserts, which my SB Heavy 10 seems to handle as long as I don't expect too much.

I use the MCLNR tool holder and use the CNMG 432 inserts 90% of the time. What I do is mill dovetails in the tool holder to fit my QCTP. Her is one I did for a friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back