Warco Enco Gh1440a Lathe

nice lathe

Hi
Thanks

The 80mm ANTI-VIBRATION Machine Levelling Mounts from Germany came in today, I have 4 of them & needed another 2, to make up 6 for the lathe.

The ANTI-VIBRATION pads are good for 500 kgs apiece.

The shipping was a bit of a killer but I could not find any in the UK.

AV1.jpg

AV2.jpg

AV3.jpg

thanks jeff

Wow Jeff. Really nice lathe and shop.
A manual should tell how to wire that motor so it matches the listed speeds.
With 16 speeds a vfd seems like overrkill. LOL
That table lift is a must. Got one a while back and though I've only used it a few times I feel it's paid for itself.

Hi tertiaryjim or is it just jim lol
Thanks for the compliment on the lathe & shop, i have far to much crap, that i never throw away.
The motor is 440v 3ph & my feed is 240v 1ph, so i do not need the Variable speed, but i do need the VFD.
I will see if the motor is 440v-240v today if not i will have to get a 1 speed motor, & lose 8 of the speeds.
The table lift is great, i got it for welding, i have a bad back & getting the job at the right height makes the job a lot easier & painless.
Moving stuff about is great, it will go up to 3' 6" so i can move my drill press around the shop, put my chop saw on, the list is endless.

Thanks jeff

Looking at the lathe it seems to have 16 geared speeds so no speeds should be lost unless it also has a switch for changing motor speed to get the second range.
Lift tables are great. If I tried to carry heavy objects my body parts might fall off.
Space is always a premium item.

Jim

Hi Jim
It's a 2 speed motor, but most 2 speed motors are 440v & do not have 2 voltages, most 1 speed, new motors have 2 voltages 440v & 240v.
Do not get look at the motor to day, will try Sunday.
The garage is only 16' x 12' fairly big for the UK. I have 2 sheds & a van, that is shed 3 lol

Hi

My back went out this week so I did not got a lot done,

But I did get a photo of the motor name plate. But the 2 speed motor is 440v, I can use a VFD, Variable Frequency Inverter Drive, but I will lose power & torque.

So I rang the shop I got my VFD from & had a chat, nice guy.

He offered me a 2.2 kw, 6 pole, 945 RPM Motor, the motor that was on the lathe was a 2 speed, 700/1410 RPM 4/8 pole.

The new motor is a type YD112 m frame, the shaft is the same size as the old one, It should be an easy change. Lol

With 8 gear changes I will get 36-1700 RPM & still have loads

Of power & torque, with a top speed of over 2000 RPM.

I will order the motor & any parts I need,next week.

Jeff

Ps
The 06 4 on the name plate, makes me think it is a 2005 Lathe ???

motor 1.jpg

Motor 2.jpg

Thanks Jeff

Lot's of speed range there. Sounds mighty good.
Taking a close look at the pictures, that lathe design looks a lot like the Nardini lathes.
Hope your back is doing better!
I'm still learning to do things without doing damage to myself. Old habits die hard.
Do the O-rings on the anti-vibration pads hold onto the pad when the shaft is lifted ?
I really need to make something like those for my lathe. And I did a poor job on the stand . Should make a better one or figure how to reinforce it.

Jim

Hi
"Do the O-rings on the anti-vibration pads hold onto the pad when the shaft is lifted ?"
Yes on all but one, on the 4 old pads, must get new O-rings for it.

"Hope your back is doing better!"
Still think i am 20 not 64, one wrong move & out it go's.

Jeff

Back