WARNING ,,,DEPENDABLETOOLTRADING ON EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
Beware of this seller,, I bid on 5 items , won two about a week ago ,won the other three yesterday . Add says I combine shipping ??? Liar. Two days after the first wins he opens failure to pay case . Send email asking to wait till end of other tools in two days. After auction ends I request combined billing and shipping nope . Total bill for items $8.00 shipping cost $42.00 for about 8lbs of items. So I cancel everything even call eBay and tell them why . They said just request the unpaid case removal for the excessive shipping cost.
So if you look and bid with him be ready to pay the freight YUPP NOT ME I AINT NO FOOL.

I do not eBay anymore. Too shady now a days.
Pierre

i have been bit as few times by unscrupulous ebay sellers.
i leave them the worst possible feedback explaining the deficiencies so that others that read the ratings will see the dirtbags for what they are. :mad:

Thanks for the heads up. I love eBay

Thanks for the tip. Looks like they've been a seller on eBay for over 14 years, so you'd have thought they were OK.

Bruce

Beware of this seller,, I bid on 5 items , won two about a week ago ,won the other three yesterday . Add says I combine shipping ??? Liar. Two days after the first wins he opens failure to pay case . Send email asking to wait till end of other tools in two days. After auction ends I request combined billing and shipping nope . Total bill for items $8.00 shipping cost $42.00 for about 8lbs of items. So I cancel everything even call eBay and tell them why . They said just request the unpaid case removal for the excessive shipping cost.
So if you look and bid with him be ready to pay the freight YUPP NOT ME I AINT NO FOOL.
You have to contact them immediately after buying to tell them you want to combine and are waiting on another item.
Did you do that, or did you just wait?

I think that seller should do anything to keep the 100% positive Feedback status , intact. all it takes is to meet the buyer half way , $40 shipping for $8 item(s) is outrageous.

"PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
All payments must be received within 2 business days. If there has been no contact/payment from the buyer within 3 days, NPB will be filed and the item will be re-listed."

Quoted from (many of) sellers listings.

Curiously, there was no mention of combined shipping on the few small items I looked at, but combined shipping "if possible" was mentioned on a 12" x 18" cast iron plate ???

Sellers prices seemed unattractive (high) to me. 793 listings, 380 feedback in the last 12 months = things are not exactly flying off the shelves.

The most interesting thing about this saga is that Silverbullet won 5 items for $8.

Too many other sellers out there to get your panties in a bunch over this one.

Last edited:
I like to hear both sides of a story, so I messaged the seller on ebay. I won’t post his response without his permission and it’s really not worth pursuing, but I will say it was reasonable and, based on that and his ebay feedback, I wouldn’t hesitate doing business with him if he had something I wanted at a reasonable price+shipping. As always, ymmv.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back