WARNING ,,,DEPENDABLETOOLTRADING ON EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to contact them immediately after buying to tell them you want to combine and are waiting on another item.
Did you do that, or did you just wait?
I did within a day after his billing came up . Before anything else even before I had bid on one item

If it had come twenty bucks shipping wouldn't have bothered but it was total individual shipping prices on each item . Some were no weight at all . I've bought machinist vise for $40 shipping I'm not unfair or expect free ship . Lots of times I've got items for $.99 and $12.00 ship . But don't say you'll combine ship and not do it. As I contacted him early , not at the end. I've bought over 1,000 items over the past ten years I think.

Like those that have a buy it now, or best offer, Then won't even accept any offers, or come back with less the 1% off. Another pet peeve of mine.
I never understood why some sellers think a 20 cent or 40 cent discount will be enough to sway a buyer to buy from them, bad business practice in my opinion to waste people's time and insult them with a laughable counter offer.

I never understood why some sellers think a 20 cent or 40 cent discount will be enough to sway a buyer to buy from them, bad business practice in my opinion to waste people's time and insult them with a laughable counter offer.
On the flip side, I have tried negotiating with the Best Offer and start out way low (so they counter then I counter then we meet in the middle) and on several occasions, the seller has accepted my initial offer.

There is always 2 sides to the coin . I buy AND sell on Ebay . I don't ship till the item is paid for and I always insure my packages now after one buyer said he got the box without the tool in it . I ate $ 250 bucks on the deal . I always offer combined shipping when available , but to wait a week to receive payment and ship ? No way . How was the seller to know if you were going to win his auction or not ? ( if it was indeed an auction listing ) :confused: Look for 100 percent feedback !

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, I agree. The silliest thing ebay has is the automated response to offers on these. So as a buyer, I need to guess what the seller will accept, which is already stored somewhere. Haha. Just goofy. Jim

Beware of this seller...

This is a crappy thing to do to a seller. Combined shipping is offered so that, when you purchase more than one item at the same time, the seller can ship together. What you needed to do was ask the seller if he would combine shipping on multiple auctions, providing the auction item numbers. You didn't do that. Furthermore you were obligated to pay within a limited time for the auctions you won; you didn't do that either.

Shame on you for sullying the seller's name when you screwed up!

Ken, I agree. The silliest thing ebay has is the automated response to offers on these. So as a buyer, I need to guess what the seller will accept, which is already stored somewhere. Haha. Just goofy. Jim
The system makes a lot of sense but the way it is used by some sellers is dumb. Imagine you are selling an item for $100, but would be willing to take anything over $75 for it. Obviously you want to get $100 and you don't want everyone else to know how low you will go. So you tell the system to reject any offers below $75 automatically. You weren't in the same ballpark with the buyer anyway. But lets say you get 3 offers for $80, $85, and $90. Instead of seeing 10 offers of $40, $50, $55, $60, $63, $65, $68, $70, and $72, along with the $80, $85, and $90, you only need to worry about the 3 you would consider and can pick the best offer. Add multiple items listed at once, say 50 items, dealing with 500 offers where 450 could be automatically rejected is a waste of your time.

But it starts getting stupid when sellers are offering something for $50 or best offer, and reject anything less than $49.50.

Also, we live in the same place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back