Water Based Cleaner for Plastics....?

EmilioG

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm looking for a good low or zero VOC water based cleaner/degreaser for plastics that won't remove paint or discolor.
Does anyone know a good product that doesn't remove paint or mar the surface of plastic parts and tools or gages with dials, etc...

I've used Dawn, Purple power, Citrus cleaners, Goo Gone, and others. Dawn is good with most greasy film but not embedded grease in plastic.
Has anyone used Slide foam action plastics cleaner? Murphys Oil Soap is pretty good. May revisit that one.

Krud Kutter seems to have some type of ammonia, not sure. haven't see the SDS.

I use Plexi-Clean (by Blue Ribbon Products and available at WalMart, for one) to get rid of the coolant crud on the plexiglass windows of my cnc mill. It works great, cleans easily and doesn't smear the coolant/lubricant (Trim C350). But then again I don't know that Windex or something wouldn't work equally as well.
So I guess I'm really not much help! :oops2:

mikey,
I use the Novus stuff too. Good stuff. The Plexi-Clean is more like windex, not as deep cleaning but no rubbing and buffing.

AlcoNox looks good. Novus makes a good product, may try the cleaner. The plastic polish doesn't really buff out scratches though.
Scratches in plastic are very difficult to eliminate. Better to replace. Thank you all.

Back