Way Cover Custom Mounts

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I never really liked how the standard way covers mounted to my Bridgeport. They are fastened under the wiper bars. This did not make them easy to remove for cleaning. Here is my solution to that problem. Now all it takes is loosening the thumb screws.

Way Cover - 01.JPG Way Cover - 02.JPG Way Cover - 03.JPG Way Cover - 04.JPG Way Cover - 05.JPG

Very nice. I've got to build the same. Right now I have various little magnet mounted covers, that don't stay put.

What material are you using for the covers ? I priced some pre made covers and they aren't cheap.

Great idea plenty of them around !! If I stole the rubber off the wife's tread mill she'd probably never notice :)

Sounds like you have already stolen the motor off of it.:eek 2:

I was going to buy some, and then I saw that track material rolled up on the shelf. Always seems to feel good when you can put something to good use, when it would otherwise end up in he landfill. I like the blue accents on your mill. I was thinking about tearing mine down and painting it, but I've kind of gotten used to the funky grey, orange, and green. Mike

They are the purchased pre-cut units.

I used black cabinet shelf lining from Walmart, comes in a 10' x 18" roll. Had some scrap 1" flat stock that I put double sided tape on and stuck the lining to them and then mounted. I like that it is wide, keeps swarf out of a lot of places don't won't it to be. It is actually pretty tough stuff-we'll see after a while how it holds up.
I guess I'm just a cheap old fart, couldn't bring my self to buy the stock ones. Really do like this better though.

Back