Way oil

Would a 9a use the same oils as my jr. I can find any manuals for mine and have been told they are different models.

I use the Vactra 2 Way oil from Mobil.
I agree with Jeeper, you may be surprised how much you go through.
In my experience, I used very little with my South bend 13 and Bridgeport.
With the pump in the apron and the lever type all in one oiler on the mill, I go through a gallon in about 6 months. I figure, too much is better than not enough. I'm sure I over oil but that's ok.
Just my 2 cents.

So apparently i bought the oil for the spindles and bearing, type a by the link. now need type now need oil for covered gears, drive spindle and ways

pacifica:
i think im worse off than commercial, i do grinding and plasma cutting in the same room so smoke and grinding dust. i was thinking of having a cover, now im thinking making a cabinet to keep it in.

I use chain saw bar oil, buy it by the liter.
I couldn't find way oil locally.

So apparently i bought the oil for the spindles and bearing, type a by the link. now need type now need oil for covered gears, drive spindle and ways

pacifica:
i think im worse off than commercial, i do grinding and plasma cutting in the same room so smoke and grinding dust. i was thinking of having a cover, now im thinking making a cabinet to keep it in.
I have a similar issue-not a very big work space and no real separation between work areas.

One can put STP oil treatment into any oil as a tackifier.

I use chain saw bar oil, buy it by the liter.
I couldn't find way oil locally.
I buy bar and chain oil at the dollar store and dilute it a little with sae 30 oil also from the dollar store....
2.00 plus tax for 1/2 a gallon of way oil.

Back