We Have Concrete In The New Shop ...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Pretty exciting stuff for a country boy. Got the first half poured yesterday and the last half well be done tomorrow. Hired out the pour to a friend of mine, but have been doing all the grading, forms, drains and plumbing, and some of the steel and tying. It will be nice to have that finished and get on with the siding and get the doors in. Mike
P1000614.JPGP1000608.JPGP1000612.JPG P1000615.JPG

That's going to be a great shop, Fomogo! Roomy.

Looking good Fomogo,

I recall the excitement when I poured the slab for my shop back years ago.

Yea! Its like a milestone, congrats Fomogo.

Oh yes there is nothing like having a new concrete floor. Congratulations

Excellent! That is going to be a fantastic work space. Congratulations!
You should have it closed up long before winter.
Are you going to insulate and heat it?
-brino

Nice ,more room to work in, my biggest wish . Great looking job congrats.

Thanks guy's. It's been a long haul, but it's coming together. The other half was poured today and came out pretty nice. Tomorrow I have to saw it for crack prevention and that's a wrap. Mike

You should have it closed up long before winter.
Are you going to insulate and heat it?
-brino[/QUOTE]

Brino, yes, it will be insulated. Fiberglass bats, 6" walls, and 9" in the ceilings. The heat will be propane fired forced air for the main section, with smaller wall units for the machine shop, the office, and the engine assembly room. Mike

A little more progress. Floor is cut and cleaned up, already dirty and covered with materials and the ever present "stuff".:eek:Built some cedar vents for the attic space, put in a bunch of nailer's for sheet rock and around 2000 lf of furring strips to bring the stud surfaces even with the 6x6 posts. Got one of the garage doors in and powered up, and five of the fourteen t5 light fixtures hung for temp work light. Pretty bright considering there aren't really any reflective surfaces yet. Still a long ways to go, but moving forward. Mike
P1000616.JPGP1000619.JPG P1000620.JPGP1000628.JPG P1000629.JPGP1000638.JPGP1000647.jpg

Yup. it's starting to look like a shop! :encourage:

Back