Weatherby Mark V 300 Magnum

jocat54

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
We just got back from a trip to Clarkston, Wash. (Lewiston, Idaho) to see my wife's father for his 88th birthday. It was a great trip and the day before we were to leave he says I want to give you my Weatherby Mark V. I tried to tell him he needed to keep it a while longer--but he was insistent.

He also gave me the original box of 300 mag cartridges he bought when he bought the rifle new in 1977--with 2 missing. This rifle has been shot twice since new in 1977.
The price sticker is still on the box from 1977---$13.95 for a box of Weatherby 300 Magnums.

I went to the local hardware store, which is also a gun store, and bought a lockable hard case to fit the rifle and brought it back on the airplane with us.

I hope to go shooting soon. icon_mrgreen.gif

What a wonderful honor you have received.
sadly you won't find many boxes of Weatherby ammunition for 13.95 anymore
but i'd still gladly pay 13.95 to just shoot it once.:grin:
the .300 is a very effective way to deliver some long range lead poisoning ;)

What a wonderful honor you have received.
sadly you won't find many boxes of Weatherby ammunition for 13.95 anymore
but i'd still gladly pay 13.95 to just shoot it once.:grin:
the .300 is a very effective way to deliver some long range lead poisoning ;)

You are so right Mike---it is quite an honor for me. I have known him for 40 years now and he is an honorable man.

Nice varmint rifle. ;)

While no Weatherby, I still miss my little Sendero in 300 WM. I used to call it my long range pea shooter. :D

I remember when if you owned a Weatherby you were considered eccentric. Great cartridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back