Webb/Takisawa TSL-800D, curious if there are other owners here

I will try to clean up the scan and properly scale it back to the original sizes one of these days and then let the group know. If anyone wants it at that point just let me know and somebody can try out the foundry.

I will try to clean up the scan and properly scale it back to the original sizes one of these days and then let the group know. If anyone wants it at that point just let me know and somebody can try out the foundry.

Did you ever get a chance to take measurements of the distance between mount holes, height, and offset?

Thanks!

Wouldn't it be easier to mill it from a plate of aluminum?

Wouldn't it be easier to mill it from a plate of aluminum?
It depends on what you're looking for. Yes it would be easier and it would function as a follower rest just fine, maybe even better.

However, for me, I would like an original first, second would be a reproduction of an original, third would be the functional home made one.

For example, several of the guys on owwm had missing or broken doors for their Oliver table saw. They could have easily made one out of plywood, but an original was sent to the foundry and had copies made at a much higher cost than plywood but with the cool art deco.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Are you referring to a steady rest, if so yes I have one. I can take a picture & give you the measurements. My problem is
once Photobucket started charging I stopped using them I do not know how to post pictures other than I did with Photobucket.

Fly
Hi Everyone, I have a TSL-Deluxe and would like to get a correct Steady Rest. Also, for some reason the the machine does not produce some of the thread according to the thread table and assume that there must be some incorrect replacement gear inside. Does anyone by any chance has the part list and installation manual for the TSL series. I assume the Deluxe is quite similar with the TSL-800D. Thanks everyone

Available here, manuals are free downloads. You can get the manual and some exploded assembly views.

Available here, manuals are free downloads. You can get the manual and some exploded assembly views.
Thanks. I pm'd him to email me so i could send them cause i didn't have the link saved but this is much easier.

Ps. Went and looked at another takisawa at an auction. It had the 2 speed motor but nothing else i needed so i passed. Went for 600.
Jeff

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

$600! Any kind of condition at all, and even with a big buyer premium, that’s a bargain!

$600! Any kind of condition at all, and even with a big buyer premium, that’s a bargain!
I know!. It was hard to pass up. If it had one more thing I wanted like a d Mount spindle, follower rest, anything like that I probably would have jumped on it.

Back