Weiss Machinery ???

I am personally underwhelmed with mainland Chinese machinery. I believe it best for me to work through someone who has some level of influence over them. My luck would certainly yield poor results otherwise.
YUPPP BEEN THERE

Just received my Weiss WBL290F today. Crate had some minor damage but nothing too alarming. Will open tomorrow and start inspecting.

IMG_20171214_112925168.jpg

Nice. :dancing banana: But I always open the crate and inspect before excepting a delivery.

Thanks Gents, for taking the time to reply to a probably many times asked questions
This is a major purchase for me....trying to research as best I can
Looking like the PM 1236 will soon have a new home in my shop
Outsider, circling back to you as the OP, did you order and receive the PM?

EDIT: I discovered that yes you did and it is in hand. ( recent post here )

Yes I also purchased the Electronica 400 absolute DRO from DRO PROS. Yes the Weiss WBL290F looks pretty much identical to the PM 1127 doesnt it. Gee I wonder if its made by the same Chinese Manufacturer. ;)

There are some spindle drive differences, WBL29F uses a 1500 Watt (2HP) Brushless DC motor like the PM1228, while the PM1127 is using a 1HP AC motor controlled by a VFD.

Yes I also purchased the Electronica 400 absolute DRO from DRO PROS. Yes the Weiss WBL290F looks pretty much identical to the PM 1127 doesnt it. Gee I wonder if its made by the same Chinese Manufacturer. ;)

There are some spindle drive differences, WBL29F uses a 1500 Watt (2HP) Brushless DC motor like the PM1228, while the PM1127 is using a 1HP AC motor controlled by a VFD.
Does your DRO come with decent instructions? I have a SINO DRO and the manual is poorly translated which makes using any of the advanced functions a pain.

I haven't done anything with the DRO, other than opening the box to check for damage and see that I have all the components. I don't anticipate any problems in that area. DRO PROS has great videos on their Website about installing and using their products and I can always call them if I need helping hand.:cheerful:

I haven't done anything with the DRO, other than opening the box to check for damage and see that I have all the components. I don't anticipate any problems in that area. DRO PROS has great videos on their Website about installing and using their products and I can always call them if I need helping hand.:cheerful:
Yeah, they have a nice website with lots of information.

Back