Welcome to new H-M Commercial member P&B Grinding!

That is a very reasonable price. I would consider sending you some smaller tables that need cosmetic work. I feel like a lot of guys would.
Robert

Welcome aboard, good to have a resource for the work you do. Will store that away should I or someone else have need.

That is a very reasonable price. I would consider sending you some smaller tables that need cosmetic work. I feel like a lot of guys would.
Robert

That would be great, you can contact me at 330-527-0366 from 5AM to 4 PM (3 PM on Fridays) If no answer leave a message and i will get back to you.

I used P & B to regring the ways on my Clausing 5914. It happens to be the 1st serial number of the 5900 series. Bill and Pete did a great job on the ways, grinding all surfaces true. Resulted in a 0.011" drop. I then milled the underside of the carriage and epoxied in Rulon from TriStar Plastics.
The saddle just glides along the ways. Machine is like new for low$$.

I can't recommend them enough. Great service and quality.

Hi Bill,
it is nice seeing you on the forum! I would love to have the top of my Bridgeport 42" table ground to clear up scratches that bug me (really not a functional issue). My machine doesn't need overhauling as it seems excellent to me. The question I have is skimming the top of the table capable of changing table stresses in a way that could degrade the machines accuracy?

As long as there are no deep marks you want removed, (over .015) the table shouldn't movement should not be an issue. Cost to clean up the top will be minimal ($100)

I am going to call you guys! We really appreciate your support of us little guys. I had recently sent out a spindle for O.D. Grinding as a machine rebuild.

Lathe bed grinding
I know I must have read at least 10 threads over the last couple of years with people asking about lathe bed grinding. Very cool. Precision grinding in and of itself is just too cool in my opinion.

from their website products page... “Look no farther than P&B Grinding and Machine, We have Nearly 40 years experience grinding used Lathe beds along with mill tables, saddles and knees for the machine rebuilding industry.”

Last edited:
Back