Welding cart build

I finally got over what I have come to call my “project horizon” and could see my way to the end of the basic frame build. When I made the top frame of some old 1x2 channel I’d been hauling around for the last 15yrs, I realized I needed a new top. I found a top off a school table I’d bought and it was close to the right size. It also had a sheetmetal cubby underneath I thought would make a good tub for the tanks to sit in. I realized after cutting down the tub I’d let my yearning to use my sheetmetal tools cloud my thinking and lead me down a rabbit hole that wouldn’t be good over the long run. It really was only sheetmetal.

Why not just use the bottle cart they lived in and wouldn’t have a use for if they weren’t in it? Too simple. Cut off the wheels, handle and junk box and it fit right into welding cart frame. Made a extension for the third bottle (ox, acetylene, CO2) bottle and the rest of the frame came into metal view. I still need to go back and treat the rusted channel and clean up the welds. But after so much fiddling I couldn’t wait to slap it all together.
Well done, I like the clamp storage @C-Bag
Are the machines held down in any way? I'd hate to see one tip off if it got seriously bumped.

Thanks. There is angle iron on the sides that sticks above the top 1” and the handle in the back. The only direction not having a bumper is over the front. I plan on putting an angle iron with a hole so I could put a strap to the back if I’m transporting. Still got details like hangers for the cords in the sides etc but it’s now functional. I was getting phobic it was taking too long.

Ah yes, i can see that now.
Looks good.
I’m about ready to add the front swivel casters and tank straps to mine.
Pictures at 11 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes, i can see that now.
Looks good.
I’m about ready to add the front swivel casters and tank straps to mine.
Pictures at 11 :)

What are you using for straps?
fe43e8257e7153bf4823e74e5bfff34a.plist

Want a couple of these^^^?

What are you using for straps?
fe43e8257e7153bf4823e74e5bfff34a.plist

Want a couple of these^^^?

Most definitely!

David R8 was asking me about the casters and levelling locks on my welding table. Here’s a few pics and the mod I did to allow levelling of the table.

4635cda22a00b1f498d2be0ec8db973d.plist

5ab753f6a067afdd5de4931d992de1b6.jpg

bb5f39b0981bce3ee0976dc8a9987978.plist

a14dc9e86b1c35bfe28d9f319d472c7b.plist

64050e64cc3cd51dc51a6e9a8e30f6d7.plist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those are really cool. I missed the boat on those and used threaded "feet".

Tank straps on!
Thanks so much @lis2323!
6d0c17fb50b4c93367df566f7edc44fa.jpg

Back