Welding help requested

I ended up without time to get back to my project this week. Hopefully this weekend. I live in a very low humidity climate, and the wire is in great shape.

I’m going to stick with .030wire due to convenience (I have it). The work I do is never critical to anything, just odds and ends projects such that if a weld fails, the implications of failure never gets past “annoying; more practice needed.”

My son didn’t bring a good helmet from work as planned yet, so that was another hold up. I’m going to experiment with settings and try to fine tune this. There was some paint residue in the area I was having trouble with and given my vision issues I could absolutely have been off the mark when starting.

Will be employing all the above thoughts so even though I have been quiet this week, your replies have not gone unnoticed. Just work getting in the way of hobby stuff.

All of the above, also make sure you cut the wire at the contact tip before each start. I like to bend the wire at the contact tip, place the wire against a gloved hand pull the trigger and the drive rolls should be tight enough to coil the wire against the hand with .030/.035 hard wire. If not you have one of the problems listed above, process of eliminanation.

Cool I’ve never tried this. Added to list of things to check.

All of the above, also make sure you cut the wire at the contact tip before each start. I like to bend the wire at the contact tip, place the wire against a gloved hand pull the trigger and the drive rolls should be tight enough to coil the wire against the hand with .030/.035 hard wire. If not you have one of the problems listed above, process of eliminanation.
GOOD ADVICE

One thing I had happen to me was the tip on the end of the torch the hole was a touch tight. The wire should slide nice through the tip. Spatter messes them up sometimes. Drive rollers adjusted right? Not to tight they mash the wire that could play havoc on your arc. With wire speed up take your ground OFF push trigger on gun on material it should push your gun and hand away from the material.

Back