Welding Safety

Welding hoods ate sooooo over-rated! How do you think they keep those nice tans! :confused:

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

I believe the Lens is built into the gun.
It doesn't have to be that big to shield the arc that way.

I believe the Lens is built into the gun.
It doesn't have to be that big to shield the arc that way.

Ha. Does it protect the other guy across the table?
I have to admit tho on occasion I will grab my tig torch and don only the calf skin gloves and a 4" pc of filter glass in other hand just to make a small (fusion) weld or two. Of course its just me and myself in the basement. Come to think of it my hands and arms got s few liver spots going on

that's going to burn like a sob after they eat curry

I believe it is in those fancy safety glasses. On youtube, one of Dan Gelbert's videos he starts welding with only his eye glasses on after stating something like "The radiation that damages your eyes are the UV rays and these glasses are 100% UVA and UVB blocking."

Shocked me.

If I look at anything bright for even a glance, when I look away all I can see is a big, blue dot. Don't think I'd take a chance without a welding bucket. Besides, my burning beard smells awful when I get some sparks in it.

If I look at anything bright for even a glance, when I look away all I can see is a big, blue dot. Don't think I'd take a chance without a welding bucket. Besides, my burning beard smells awful when I get some sparks in it.

I get the same problem with pissistence of vision - and if you think burning beard smells bad, try a few sparks "tidying" your nasal hairs...

Dave H. (the other one)

Back