Welding table conundrum

Christianstark

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
An interesting thing about welding tables for sale is you can either go 200 or less, and then it jumps to 900 bucks.

Looking at ArcFlat by Langmuir. Does anyone have opinions on what else to look at for hobby grade that lasts? 2' x 3' or 2' x 4' sixes are good. and I will want to put it on casters.

I built my own with a 2'x3' sheet of 1/2" plate that I had waterjet cut with legs made from 3" square tube.
The plate was ~$200 and the legs were about $80 for 12' of tube.
I haven't drilled the top but I have a friend with a mag base drill should I want to drill it.

of course you could use your welding skills to make one and if you (like me) needed some practical welding experience then its a win-win
here is it when I first built my welding table
20200815_104308.jpg

later I modified it to include a section for plasma cutting
20211006_121831.jpg

I ran into the same issue Super Cheap or $$$$.

I ended up with this from Northern Tool. Better than the super cheap ones, but not with the large jump in price as the high end ones. I've been happy it it so far. I did add casters to mine.

If this one was available when I got mine, I would have most likely ordered it instead, as I've added what it comes with.... Casters and tool storage.

I ran into the same issue Super Cheap or $$$$.

I ended up with this from Northern Tool. Better than the super cheap ones, but not with the large jump in price as the high end ones. I've been happy it it so far. I did add casters to mine.

If this one was available when I got mine, I would have most likely ordered it instead, as I've added what it comes with.... Casters and tool storage.

Winner! I decided for the work I would be doing, Portability to move to my outside deck outweighed rigidity and I wound up buying the exact cart you posted from Amazon. Saved enough to buy a H/V Rotary Table for a belt grinder project I am starting.

Perfect!

I am now in the same conundrum...

This is what I want - US$1,065.00 with leg kit and 6 clamps - ArcFlat by Langmuir.

ARCFlat.jpeg

This is what I thought about getting for now...

Klutch Steel Welding Table with tool kit - US$199.99 and I just pick it up at the local store...

Klutch Welding table kit.jpg

Not sure if I should spend the money on the Klutch table knowing that I will eventually end up with the ArcFlat...

I also looked at the Certiflat Mini-Block weld table... but price for that with the leg kit and shipping is US$$1,639.04. No clamps included in that price... plus I would have to weld it all...

2x4-3_5000x.jpg

@Christianstark - what did you end up with?

Cool video on the subject…. Too bad Langmuir was not covered… but reinforced my decision of not going with another option…

I am now in the same conundrum...

This is what I want - US$1,065.00 with leg kit and 6 clamps - ArcFlat by Langmuir.

View attachment 423187

This is what I thought about getting for now...

Klutch Steel Welding Table with tool kit - US$199.99 and I just pick it up at the local store...

View attachment 423188

Not sure if I should spend the money on the Klutch table knowing that I will eventually end up with the ArcFlat...

I also looked at the Certiflat Mini-Block weld table... but price for that with the leg kit and shipping is US$$1,639.04. No clamps included in that price... plus I would have to weld it all...

View attachment 423190

@Christianstark - what did you end up with?

Cheapie Klutch for now

Back