Welding Table For My Next Project

I have a piece 3x3’ +- 1 1/8” thick I’ve been tripping on for a while , can’t think of what to make out of it .
I already have a welding table, anyone have an idea what to do with it ?
If your going to “all metal “ they are really proud , they think all there steel is gold.
It’s a little cheaper in the Bay Area

Yes All Metals, is a bit high but I know it's better than online due to freight. I like to pick through their scrap, it's half price and changes daily.
Chevy, I ordered the CertiFlat yesterday. I figured by the time I purchase all the metal and make the cuts I will be saving money by buying this table. And, the good thing is I do the welding. It looks like a good table, I purchased a 24x36, the legs, some clamps and hold down hardware including shipping >> less than $550.
I'll share as I go through the build process. My TIG and I will become acquainted. I am going to fond some srap material of like size to get my settings dialed in before i make puddles.

I’ve had my eye out for a 36” faceplate for a long time. I would like to make a rotating table. Abom on YouTube did a nice job on the one he did. 3’ 1 1/8 plate I would cut into a circle and do as I described would be perfect. I was thinking of having my friend grab me a road plate they use to cover when digging. Pretty thick but hard as hell to move without proper equipment!

Cadillac, that’s the plate I have I think it has a 3/4-10 taped hole in the center for lifting eye.
I’ve had my eye out for a 36” faceplate for a long time. I would like to make a rotating table. Abom on YouTube did a nice job on the one he did. 3’ 1 1/8 plate I would cut into a circle and do as I described would be perfect. I was thinking of having my friend grab me a road plate they use to cover when digging. Pretty thick but hard as hell to move without proper equipment!
How would you go about cutting a circle out of it. I’m thinking it would warp with o/a I guess water jet but $$$$

I’ve cut through 1” with oxy acetylene. My hypertherm plasma severes 7/8”.
Tack a pin in center put circle cutting attachment on pin and spin. If it’s a bad cut mount on rotary table to Bridgeport and clean up the edge. Water jet might not be bad cost might hurt though! Have them cut a 6” circle out of center so you would be able to drop shafts through or such. Man I want a big 36” faceplate!

I recently built a welding table using some ideas I found here. The frame is made from scrap 4" square tubing and the top from 1/2" by 6" hot rolled plate. Each plate is screwed down with six fasteners into adjustable height stands. the top can be rotated to may different angles and the 2 front legs fold in to reduce the size of the footprint for storage. If I was doing it again I wouldn't bother with the folding legs. It rolls on 5" casters.

My CertiFlat 3x4 got man handled during shipping, and has a slight low spot. I do like the fixture holes, and with the extra C clamps I made more fixture clamps.

John you did a great job on that table. I like how you made the vise adapter and mount for the saw so you have a nice out feed table. Well thought out.

I recently built a welding table using some ideas I found here. The frame is made from scrap 4" square tubing and the top from 1/2" by 6" hot rolled plate. Each plate is screwed down with six fasteners into adjustable height stands. the top can be rotated to may different angles and the 2 front legs fold in to reduce the size of the footprint for storage. If I was doing it again I wouldn't bother with the folding legs. It rolls on 5" casters.

that is an awesome table. I really like the ability to rotate the table for storage and versatility.

Back