[4]

Welding Table set-up and Fit "Certiflat"

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Janderso

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Hello,
I finally got around to putting together my 24" X 36" Certiflat, welding table with the optional legs and locking castors.
Web site https://weldtables.com/
The fit and finish is very good IMHO. If you have not seen this product they put together a very versatile platform with lots of mounting options to hold your irregular work to be welded.
This is also a great time to use my TIG welder.
I'll post a few pics as I put this together over the next couple days. So far, I am very satisfied.
Is this the right place to post this??

Attachments

brino

Active User
"watching" Thanks for sharing it!
-brino

jdedmon91

Registered
Awesome welding table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janderso

OK, got the table tacked to flip it over. No light through the slats. Perfectly flat!
Tomorrow I'll finish welding the table, grind/file off the TIG beads and move on to the legs.
The table supports/stiffners, have little fingers that come up through the table to be welded to the table.
Awesome design. This table will be very straight, square, flat and strong!
I did not mention, I was going to make a table, this kit was less than $500 delivered. I would pay more for materials and it would not have been this good.

Attachments

jcp

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Good looking product! I'll have to check this out.

Janderso

Mostly done.
It's fun to put together a pre-fab of such high quality. Welding it together was good practice for me. I have a Miller Diversion 180. Perfect TIG for this project.
Very strong, straight, square and versatile.
See pics please.

Attachments

Janderso

All done. Painted and added a shelf on the bottom. I will make up a jig to hang an angle grinder and maybe a vise. Not sure yet. I used it roll outside to dress my grinder. You know the mess that makes. better outside. Castors came in the kit.

Attachments

dlane

Active User
Don’t catch your shelf on fire :oops:, might want to cover it with sheet metal. Molten metal falls down.

Janderso

Don’t catch your shelf on fire :oops:, might want to cover it with sheet metal. Molten metal falls down.
Yeah but it's a TIG table. TIG welding doesn't splatter. I'm not convinced I like the wood shelf. I may change it to metal/wire mesh like the shelving you see at Lowes. The wood is just sitting there, no fastners.
The holes allow for all kinds of mounting fixture/clamping options.
I'll be careful.

jbolt

Active User
Janderso, How rigid is the table top once assembled? I have been looking at these as a potential top for a welding table but with folding legs since I do not have space for a dedicated table. I have no doubt I could do it with one of their fab tables which look awesome but at twice the cost and weight I'm not sure I can justify it.

Janderso

I think it's very rigid. They use 3/16 steel. You then tack weld during the build process. once you are sure the cross supports are flat with no light coming through between the table and the supports you finish welding it.
The 2" straps are laser cut, they have little fingers that come up through holes in the table. You weld these to the table and flap grind the filler nice and flat.
I am very impressed with the build quality. Did you watch the video?
The leg kit is made the same way, it has 2 slits in the legs that fit over the table supports so you get plenty of welding joints and the leg cross supports fit into pre-cut notches that weld up good and square/strong!

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
I had a tray made for my table to catch swarf, and MIG splatter. I will have to drop the tray sliders they are too high in the picture. I have to move it to use the fixture holes, but it is working.

Janderso

I’ll say it’s working.
I have been thinking of adding a tray and another shelf.
One thing I like about the table is the working height.
I find most tables to be too low.
I’m 6 feet. Doing dishes and working over a low table, lathe kills my back.

[6]
[5] [7]